Thursday 17 July 2008

Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: Act II

Well, I was wrong.

Here's the episode in jokes, which inevitably will be spoilerish:

"Billy, you're driving a spork[1] into your leg."
"So I am. Hilarious."

"... at my famously successful heist last week; I say successful in that I achieved my objective; it was less successful in that I inadvertently introduced my arch-nemesis to the girl of my dreams and now he's taking her out on dates..."

"I need to be a little more careful on what I say on my blog. Apparently the LAPD and Captain Hammer are among our viewers."

"I wanna be an achiever. Like Bad Horse."
"The thoroughbred of sin?"
"I meant Gandhi."

"Apparently the only signature he needed was my fist. But with a pen in it. That I was signing with."

"See Penny's giving it up. She's giving it up hard. 'Cos she's with Captain Hammer. And these [brandishes fists] are not the hammer. [walks away. pause. returns.] The hammer is my penis"

I note of course that the duet at the beginning, where Horrible is in utmost despair and Penny is deliriously happy from the same events, and they're singing the same song with slightly different words and emphasis, is, despite not being funny at all, really good.

Am I foolish enough to predict what happens in Act III? Well the only thing I can see for certain is that Horrible tries to kill Hammer and fails. What happens then is up for grabs. Probably Bad Horse turns up and maybe Hammer and Horrible have to combine to defeat him, or maybe Hammer is revealed to be in partnership with him, or maybe he doesn't turn up and it's just singing cowboys. As for Penny, I'd like her to clear off away from these lunatics at the end, or a second best would be her falling for Bad Horse. Girls love horses, and they love a bad 'un. What could be more natural than that?

[1] The spellchecker doesn't have spork, but does offer "Spock" for it. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment